Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Update:)





It's been a while since I've written about the kids. They are each unique and say so many funny things.
Bridger is doing well with schooling at home. He is coming along with reading and loves to write letters and play store. He has some perfectionism in his blood. I am thinking of getting him some white-out for his stocking:) haha! He does not like to make mistakes on his school work! I try to encourage him that it is okay to make mistakes. Deciding to home school him this year has really challenged me to think more about what things I want to be intentional about teaching him...and there is so much!! Tytus is good to remind me to try and take it one day at a time. Bridger is so excited for Christmas. He really gets into all the little joys of the season, which is fun. He loves to sing, dance, have his back scratched, eat roast beef and chocolate chip cookies, ride his bike, help me cook, have a job to do, draw pictures, build, have people over, make up knock-knock jokes and spend family time.

Addy is 2 now. She is a little girl with a plan. Sometimes we have trouble when "the plan" gets interrupted. She is so loving to all her babies including Laurynn. She makes sure they all have blankies and Nuks. We walked down a baby doll isle at the store last week. She saw one baby and said, "Oh, baby!" And then she kept seeing one more....and one more....."Oh, babies!" She seemed a little concerned. And ready to adopt the whole bunch of unloved babies. She was how I imagine I would be if you ever took me to an orphanage:) Addy loves spaghetti, coloring (she holds her pen just right and has tiny penmanship) dancing, trying on shoes, swinging, calling Grandpa on the phone, smelling roses, and saying good morning to Laurynn. Some of her favorite words include "Oh hi Daddy", "Wow", "Hi Wawynn", "Didger?" "cereal", "No, my turn" "obey." The last one is important, because then she can come out of her room after a time out. She also loves to go to Ace Hardware and get a bag of popcorn.

Laurynn is the very lovable little sister. She just had her first baby cereal this week and cried when she thought I was taking it away:) She is still very mild mannered. We sometimes say its like she has a "perma-grin". Just happy most of the time. She sleeps really well most nights. She loves it if I will lay down with her to take a nap, she just snuggles in close and acts so pleased that I layed down by her. She weighed 17lbs last month at her doctors appointment. She loves to watch the kids play, and especially lights up when Bridger shows her attention. She can roll over both ways. She likes to suck her fingers....and toes. She is such a little sweetheart and we all love her.

No comments: