Monday, October 6, 2008

The Battle Belongs to the LORD




Tonight I got a little glimpse into what makes Bridger "tick". While I was making dinner he asked me if there was some guy who fell in "God's water". I started telling him the story about Peter walking on the water and he asked, "but didnt he get eaten by the BIG fish?". So then I told him the story about Jonah and how he was swallowed by the big fish because he did not obey God and that God wanted Jonah to go to Nineveh.

Then Bridger asked me to tell him more stories about what happens when we don't obey God and somehow we ended with the story about David and Goliath. I am not sure I have ever told him that story before tonight. He lit up with lots of questions and thoughts about killing giants.

So we read the story out of the Bible after dinner and he told us that he could kill two giants because God could use little boys too. There is a little more motivation tonight to learn how to listen to God because now he knows that God might use him to kill a giant.
(The pictures are obviously from the pumkin patch:)

2 comments:

Mama Griffith, said...

Looks like you and Christy had a fun time at the pumpkin patch!

Macaroo42 said...

What preciousness. Thanks for sharing, Cathi. It reminds me which way is up.