We have moved. We kept waiting and wondering when we would move up closer to Tytus's work and then one day it all came together and we left fairly quickly! The story goes that our company decided to hire a moving company to help make the move "easier." But things went a little tipsy...literally. The moving van crashed while going around a corner somewhere between Astoria and Longview! The drivers were beat up, but everyone was okay. (Tytus was not the driver.)
Tytus had called me on our drive up and told me about the wreck...I was sure he was joking, as that is one of his favorite things to do (joke, not wreck...ha). But he was not. We have so much to be thankful for though...so dont feel too bad for us:) Everyone was safe. And the first 4 things I thought of that I wanted to be OK all "made it". Bridger quickly picked up on that phrase, periodically asking me "did my bunk bed make it mom?" The 4 favorite things included my piano (very dirty, but not in pieces:) tea cups, Bridger's bike and semi truck.
We have heard different accounts from the movers of how it happened. Somehow going around a corner too fast and maybe the brakes went out?? The truck tipped over and the top pealed off like a tuna can. Lots of dirt in everything! Lots of broken odds and ends. Lots of photo albums that need reprinted. But I can truly say that it is all just stuff. There is nothing so dear as our friends and family that we miss. Since loosing my dad, nothing compares to people and our memories with them. Love you all and will be in touch soon.
Matthew 6:20
Store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For wher your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
3 comments:
Nice to see you are still alive up there! We all were woundering. Im glad your tea cups are unbroken. Your story remided me of the settlers moving long ago and how thier china and keepsakes were the most treasured because they often times never saw family again. Hope your new neighborhood is nice. we love you two.
Glad you made it safely...when I heard I was hoping your piano made it safely, as music is so very comforting wherever you are! Don't be a stranger and I hope you are enjoying fixing up your new house. You'll have to take pictures, or someone will have to come visit once you're settled. Love you...
So where are you and when can I come see you?!
Post a Comment